April 15, 2013

Happy Birthday To Folkspot


http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/lifestyle/lifestyle-and-leisure-news/great-massingham-it-s-happy-birthday-to-folkspot-radio-1-4992392




The pictures are of Oliver's Army making our debut online, on air and onstage (never do things by halves) at Folkspot a week after the anniversary (on or about my 57th birthday) of Folkspot radio reported under my very own new byeline in the Lynn News. This is the article that made me a folk correspondent for my local community newspaper. And Oliver's Army are the band that heralded the beginning of my career as lyricist, lead poet, occasional vocalist - singing Green Shirt by Elvis Costello - backing vocalist and drummer in a folk-punk-prog band.

A big week! (We shouldn't have eaten that Pepper before we went out, though, judging by the first photo.)

That gig did for Margaret Thatcher anyway. She died the next day...

No comments: